There will be times when your carpets will require a little more attention than just simple vacuuming. It can be possible that you’ve had a recent spillage on your carpet or haven’t deep cleaned your carpet for an extended period. Whatever might be the reason, the process of carpet shampooing will not be a difficult task to perform.
Therefore, in this extensive blog post, we will be discussing whether you should use shampoo on your carpets along with the process that you have to follow to perform the carpet shampooing technique.
Is It Wise To Use Shampoo On Your Carpets?
According to a reliable company for carpet cleaning in Blacktown, it’s safe to use shampoo on your carpets. Shampoo cleaning your carpets is a great way to brighten your carpet fibres. There are various varieties of shampoo that are available in the market, so ensure that you read the manufacturer’s label & instructions to know whether the product is fit for your usage.
Using harsh shampoo products on your carpets can prematurely damage the carpet fibres and you have to end up buying another new one sooner.
Pro Tip: If you can vacuum the high-traffic areas of your home frequently every week, then it will prevent excess dirt, dust & contaminants from accumulating inside your carpet fibres. Hence, your carpet will stay clean for a longer time and the need for carpet shampooing will decrease.
How To Shampoo Clean Your Carpets?
- Firstly, you need to vacuum your carpet, so that all dust & debris can be eliminated as much as possible. As a result, your carpet shampooing process will become easier.
- Proceed to take your carpet shampoo cleaner and then mix the same with water. Such a process will dilute the shampoo cleaner and make the cleaning process easier.
- Apply the shampoo cleaner (mixed with water) onto the carpet. The solution should cover the entire carpet area. However, remember to not over-saturate the carpet with the cleaner because it will take a long time for the carpet to dry, which can damage the carpet fibres.
- As per a well-known contractor for tile and grout cleaning in Sydney, take a soft-bristled brush and then scrub off any stains, dirt or debris. Make sure that you don’t scrub too hard because then the carpet fibres will be damaged.
- Once done, wash the carpet with cold water to eliminate any leftover shampoo. After that, let the carpet air dry over time.
- Finally, vacuum the carpet for the last time to ensure that there is no shampoo residue inside the carpet fibres.
We hope you enjoyed our suggestions and for any additional queries, let us know. We’d be happy to help you out.